Twitter

Why I started this blog

As I sat in my house exhausted from the day of working then getting home to run around after 2 small children I found that I would sit and read about minimalist lifestyles. I would read about how this gave the writers a new sense of life, how it freed them from stress, how it gave them more time to spend on the important things in life. I would sit and read about them after clearing a space on my sofa by pushing the children's toys to one side and sitting in my house that more resembled a scene from Home Alone. (In fact there was like, what, 13 kids in that house? It was far too tidy!)
A lot of the writers didn't have kids or had older kids who also had got on board with stuff reduction or lived in the US with big houses with lots of storage or had lots of time to be able to sit and reorganize their cutlery drawer.
None of them told about the time the cat brought in a dead mouse and they didn't notice due to the amount of toys on the floor (which are about the same size as a dead mouse in my defense!!) Until it was brought to their attention by their 4 year old.
None of them told about how exhausted they were so although they would like to cook a home cooked meal every night the best they can muster is cheesy pasta (with very specific veg on the side, not touching and it better not get sauce on it or else, for my fussy eater). And generally more resembled things from the freezer - that's fish fingers and chips, not batch cooked and frozen btw.
I am pretty much sick of constantly tidying so; Can you get anywhere close to a minimalist and ethical household for a tired working mum with young kids? Let's find out!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

Disempowerment